Company/Industry background: Psyma is a privately held mid-size global market research company that was founded in Germany in 1957. Psyma’s U.S. practice was established in 1997 in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Our purpose is to work closely with clients in the healthcare, automotive and consumer sectors to provide custom marketing research solutions that support their objectives and provide actionable insights.
Intern time period: 6 month commitment, with the start/end date being negotiable based on the student’s class schedule, and includes the opportunity to extend the internship based on the intern’s performance and aptitude for market research, Psyma’s business need and the student’s schedule and availability.
General Summary: As a Research Analyst Intern, you will be responsible for supporting other full-time Research Analysts, Project Managers and Consultants on both qualitative and quantitative projects, including coordinating pre-fieldwork logistics, fieldwork data collection and management, and post-fieldwork reporting.
Essential/Job Functions: Primary Responsibilities include:
- Support in proposal writing and pricing
– Assist in cost gathering from suppliers
– Conduct facility searches
– Draft proposals
- Coordinate all pre-fieldwork activities and support Project Director and Consultant in fieldwork and reporting
– Create preliminary drafts of project materials for Project Director’s review, including screeners, questionnaires, reports, etc.
– Proofread project materials, such as screeners, questionnaires, reports, etc.
– Prepare other project materials, such as stimuli, visitor’s guides, recruiting materials, etc.
– Manage respondent recruitment
– Work directly with supplier partners, contractors, or other vendors
– Coordinate logistics for on-site research, working with focus group facilities
– Support on-site fieldwork activities
– Test programmed Internet surveys
– Monitor Internet survey fieldwork and data collection
– Check data tabulations
– Mine transcripts for key information and insights and/or pull video quotes
– Create report templates, chart/check data, and support report writing/analysis/visuals
- May include some moderating, exit interviewing, in-person qualitative or via online message boards
- May include some travel (only if class schedule and workload permits)
- Support other internal initiatives as required
Job Requirements and Skills Include:
- Those working towards or graduating with a Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology, or other related field
- Must have completed Sophomore Year of College or later
- Strong interest in market research
- Currently maintaining or graduating with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be able to work 40 hours/week during Psyma’s regular business hours throughout the agreed upon internship period
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized, able to assist on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management and prioritization, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and goal-oriented; inquisitive and eager to continuously learn
- Capable of problem-solving and analytical and creative thinking
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SPSS preferred
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Permanent work authorization for the United States is required
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume detailing any applicable market research experience to email@example.com and refer to the Market Research Analyst internship.